2) It is based on a book Phil Collins read called The Moon’s A Balloon, by David Niven.
3) The song was inspired by the works of the American poet Anne Sexton, who wrote a play titled Mercy Street and a poem titled “45 Mercy Street”.
4) The 24-minute title track is based on the 1965 novel Smallcreep’s Day by Peter Currell Brown which tells the story of Mr. Smallcreep
5) Tarka is based on a book about an otter. Anthony Phillips wrote it together with Harry Williamson.
6) The album was originally meant to be based and titled after the short story Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes, but Tony Banks shelved the idea after he was made aware of an upcoming musical about the book.
7) Steve Hackett: “Walking Through Walls is based on a dream I had after reading a book by Carlos Castaneda”. Source: hackettsongs.com
Suggest your Seven Stones, your seven degrees of unity between Genesis & Co. to the mail CLICK HERE.
This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to provide a more personalized experience and to track your whereabouts around our website in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation. If you decide to to opt-out of any future tracking, a cookie will be setup in your browser to remember this choice for one year.OkNoRead More